SAU#9 Goals 2016-2017
Goal: We will continuously improve each student's level of achievement and growth.
Objective: By the end of the 2016-2017 school year, standards-based grading practices will be further implemented.
- Ensure educators aligning instruction and assessment to standards
- Support the development of formative and summative assessments aligned to standards to report on student achievement at all levels
- Follow agreed-upon curriculum maps; Provide continued professional development on best practices for standards-based assessment through faculty meetings, literature reviews, discussions, and workshops
- Differentiate instruction to meet the growth needs of individual students
- Critically review student performance data at grade and building levels against established standards
- Consistency in reporting on student achievement using local, state, and national measures
- Monitoring and evaluation of assessment and instructional practices
- Improved reporting on process, product, and progress
- Varied assessments and rubrics as evidence of student achievement
- Implementation of standards-based report card at grade 7
Goal: We will recruit, recognize and develop the most effective personnel.
Objective: By the end of the 2016-2017 school year, all staff will demonstrate their knowledge and mastery of the workshop model, instructional clarity, and high quality learning objectives.
- Expand workshop model into all disciplines; Formal review of focused observations on a quarterly basis
- Observation overviews with focus on clarity and objectives
- Group walkthroughs at various schools
- Review of observations within the Administrative PLC
- Review of students work on common assessments
- Participation and leadership on SAU#9 curriculum committees
- Provide targeted professional development on workshop model, instructional clarity and student learning objectives
- Observed implementation of workshop model in all schools and disciplines
- Administrative consistency in analysis of observations and feedback provided
- Consistency of instructional practice as monitored through observation
- Clearly communicated learning objectives (written and other)
- Consistency of assessment implementation
- Increased student achievement as measured by local common assessments, as well as state and national assessments
- Participation in professional development opportunities
- Staff reflection on current practice
Goal: All staff will utilize long-range planning to achieve the mission and vision of the district.
Objective: By the end of the 2016-2017 school year, we will identify and implement strategies to increase systems thinking and strategic decision making based upon consistent data points.
- Define the current reality of the district (academic achievement, social/emotional achievement, physical and emotional safety of all school members)
- Define individual student achievement in conjunction with growth model accountability
- Target focus areas for action planning and establish individual, building and district goals
- Provide agreed upon data/information as needed
- Provide feedback to the strategic planning process
- Identify agreed upon data sources
- Communication of current reality in relation to the identified data sources
- A clear and agreed upon definition of student achievement across SAU#9
- Clear and consistent standards documented and communicated in relation to expectations for all staff members
- Updated job descriptions aligned to current expectation